The Analytical Sciences & Imaging Department is looking for a highly motivated scientist with experience in protein mass spectrometry/quantitative proteomics to be part of a protein analytics and proteomics team committed to the support of innovative drug discovery efforts.
The successful candidate will work in a matrix team environment, performing LC/MS based proteomics experiments to answer key scientific questions from NIBR project teams.
This candidate will be responsible for independently conducting his/her own experiments from sample preparation, LC-MS/MS, to data analysis, interpretation, and presentation. We are looking for a candidate with strong technical, organizational skills, and a strong collaborative spirit.
Qualified candidates will possess a M.S. degree (or B.S. with equivalent experience) in analytical chemistry, biology, or related field with at least 3 years of working experience of protein mass spectrometry and proteomics.
• A master degree in biology, analytical chemistry, or related field with 3 year experience (or equivalent) in protein mass spectrometry and proteomics including, but not limited to the following key areas: quantitative proteomics (isotopic labeling and label free), protein post-translational modification analysis, protein-protein-interaction analysis, and targeted mass spec analysis.
• Demonstrated expertise in multi-dimensional LC fractionation and high-throughput quantitative proteomics. Experience in protein isolation from cells, tissues, and biofluids; immuno- or chemical- affinity enrichment to selectively enrich proteins from complex biological samples. Familiarity with general biochemical skills (SDS page, Western blotting). Extensive hands-on experience in developing and performing proteomics experiments, nano LC-MS/MS, and analysis and interpretation of LC-MS/MS data using public and commercially available software. Expertise and experience in executing multiplexed TMT-based experiments, with the use of Thermo instrumentation and Proteome Discoverer.
• Ability to translate biologists/project team’s scientific questions into analytical strategies and methods. Critical and independent thinking. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to work in a collaborative, matrix team. Enthusiastic to participate in multiple collaborative projects in cross-functional, multi-disciplinary environment.
Additional, highly desirable qualifications:
• Experience in cell culture and molecular biology
• Solid foundation in statistics, proteomics bioinformatics software, and mass spectrometry database search algorithms
• Experience with automation and liquid handling systems
• Broad interest in technology development
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply for this job at https://novartis.contacthr.com/60563176
View More Novartis Jobs
Website : https://www.novartis.com/
Our mission is to care and cure. We want to discover, develop and successfully market innovative products to prevent and cure diseases, to ease suffering and to enhance the quality of life. We also want to provide a shareholder return that reflects outstanding performance and to adequately reward those who invest their money, their time and their ideas in our company.