M.S. / Ph.D Candidate for Hematopoietic Stem Cell (HSC) Biology
The Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research (NIBR) is recruiting an innovative scientist to join a research team that will be building and developing novel technologies to develop ex vivo stem cell therapeutics used in the treatment of a range of genetic diseases. The candidate will be involved in developing techniques and processes for the successful translation of this technology into the clinic. This position requires experience with murine or human hematopoietic stem cell (HSC) biology in order to establish in vitro and in vivo models needed for the characterization of product candidates. This position will also evaluate novel biologics delivery approaches into HSC to examine the regulation of hematopoiesis in transplant models. The ideal candidate should have relevant training in hematology/immunology and proficient in hands-on approaches to study stem cell biology, hematopoiesis, antibody-drug conjugation, antibody engineering, CRISPR/Cas9 based genome editing, and bone marrow transplantation. This position is based within an HSC research group in the Hematology Disease Area of Chemical Biology and Therapeutics Department but will be highly collaborative with other Novartis groups including the Genomics Institute of Novartis Research Foundation, the Clinical Translational Unit in Novartis Development and others. This position will work on a highly, collaborative, multi-disciplinary project team to develop therapeutics to treat a range of genetic diseases with this novel technology.
• PhD or equivalent in a scientific discipline such as stem cell, regenerative biology, or molecular biology, or MS with appropriate and relevant years of experience in drug discovery or other related laboratory research
• Experience in a laboratory focused on hematology or hematopoietic stem cells
• Ability to perform mouse handling techniques, bleeding, and injection procedures related to HSC research
• Proficiency in cell culture, transfection and transduction methods and flow cytometry analyses of blood lineages
• Self-motivated, enthusiasm for working in an interdisciplinary, collaborative research environment
• Experience in ex vivo/in vitro and in vivo systems to study HSC biology
• Experience in characterization of gene function using murine models
• Experience in antibody engineering and antibody-drug conjugation
• Proficiency in using viral and non-viral based biologics delivery methods
• Possess in-depth knowledge of literature methodology, instrumentation and underlying principles of hematopoietic stem cell (HSC) biology
• Ability to work independently in experimental execution and data analysis
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply for this job at https://novartis.contacthr.com/60531231
View More Novartis Jobs
Website : https://www.novartis.com/
Our mission is to care and cure. We want to discover, develop and successfully market innovative products to prevent and cure diseases, to ease suffering and to enhance the quality of life. We also want to provide a shareholder return that reflects outstanding performance and to adequately reward those who invest their money, their time and their ideas in our company.