We are seeking a scientist with relevant expertise in hepatocyte biology, physiology and infection. The successful candidate will be accountable for the design and implementation of biochemical/cellular assays aiming to support the discovery and pharmacological characterization of novel anti-parasitic drugs against the liver stages of Plasmodium.
Specifically the candidate will:
• Develop high-throughput hepatocyte platforms for parasite infection
• Interpret primary pharmacological data and provide expert input to multi-disciplinary project teams supporting discovery and early preclinical development of drug candidates
• Ensure integrity, quality, and timely delivery of data
• Collaborate across disciplines to provide innovative approaches to discovery challenges
• Communicate research strategy and results internally and externally
• Relevant supervisory / management experience of associates
• Communicate internally and externally research strategy and results
• Recruit, develop and manage talents
The Novartis Institute for Tropical Diseases (NITD), relocated to Emeryville, California, is dedicated to fighting parasitic infectious diseases of high medical need in a dynamic working environment. NITD is an independent Institute within the Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research (NIBR), and as such has full access to NIBR know-how and resources including the chemists of the Global Discovery Chemistry group and the Infectious Diseases drug discovery teams (antiviral and antibacterial) co-located in Emeryville. NITD is renowned for applying cutting-edge technologies to the discovery of high quality clinical candidates for the treatment of neglected diseases. The Institute has a highly collaborative culture and has close links with academic centers of excellence and a broad range of non-governmental and philanthropic organizations around the globe (Wellcome Trust, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Medicines for Malaria Venture and Drugs for Neglected Diseases Initiative).
• Ph.D. degree or equivalent in relevant discipline
• Experience working with primary human hepatocytes or hepatoma cell lines in a hepatotropic pathogen disease model
• Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate and achieve assay robustness, reproducibility, and data quality
• Team player with the capability to forge productive collaborations with colleagues
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Innovative mindset and collaborative spirit
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply for this job at https://novartis.contacthr.com/60599124
View More Novartis Jobs
Website : https://www.novartis.com/
Our mission is to care and cure. We want to discover, develop and successfully market innovative products to prevent and cure diseases, to ease suffering and to enhance the quality of life. We also want to provide a shareholder return that reflects outstanding performance and to adequately reward those who invest their money, their time and their ideas in our company.