This is an exciting opportunity to join the Novartis Exploratory Immuno-Oncology group. We are dedicated to discovering innovative cancer therapeutics and therapeutic formats that transform patient’s lives. The successful candidate will become a key individual contributor in a dynamic, multidisciplinary discovery team tackling a number of novel immuno-oncology targets. The candidate will be expected to generate data that increases our biological understanding of emerging cancer targets. The high quality data generated will directly impact the discovery of therapies and provide a major contribution to the design of future clinical trials. This position will therefore be ideal for those candidates wishing to combine their interest in immunobiology of cancer with their strong desire to discover therapeutic approaches.
• Design and develop a broad range of cell based functional and phenotypic assays for characterization of cell line and primary immune cell populations to accelerate projects in pre-clinical and clinical development
• Conduct in vitro mechanism of action studies using primary human or mouse immune cells and cell lines to evaluate activity of candidate therapies
• Design and execute experiments independently; accurately record, analyze and communicate data to senior staff and team members
• Present results in team meetings and deliver presentations to both small and large groups
• Help mentor and support other colleagues in assay development
• Expertise in developing and executing cellular characterization assays including ELISA, MSD, flow cytometry, lymphocyte activation and multiplexed luminescent or fluorescent readouts
• Experience with various immune cell isolation techniques, including cell sorting; Proficiency with FlowJo and FACSDiva software for data analysis
• Experience with gene expression analysis platforms
• In-depth experience in principles and practices of molecular and cell biology methodologies and cellular immunology, including mammalian cell culture, cell transfection, development and execution of functional in vitro methods such as, molecular cloning, SDS-PAGE, Western blot, CRISPR, RNAi, and qRT-PCR.
• Ability to work on complex problems where analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Exercises independent judgment in selecting experimental methods, techniques, evaluation criteria for obtaining results, and data analysis.
• Strong verbal and writing skills for documentation of data, drafting of technical reports, and communication of progress to manager
• Must be able to communicate and multi-task within a fast-paced team environment with a high degree of self-motivation and organization
• Has a sense of urgency (self-motivation) and flexibility (tolerate changes in priorities/directions)
BS/MS in biology-related discipline with 5 years of relevant research experience
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply for this job at https://novartis.contacthr.com/60517285
View More Novartis Jobs
Website : https://www.novartis.com/
Our mission is to care and cure. We want to discover, develop and successfully market innovative products to prevent and cure diseases, to ease suffering and to enhance the quality of life. We also want to provide a shareholder return that reflects outstanding performance and to adequately reward those who invest their money, their time and their ideas in our company.