1103859BRReq ID:1103859BRCompany Summary:The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.Job Title:DATA SCIENTISTPosition Summary:Join us if you want to be spending your time on: - Gathering and analyzing data, identifying key prediction/classification problems, devising solutions and building prototypes;
Bring new thinking and techniques to image processing, such as logo detection and relevance scoring- Formulating machine learning approaches while paying attention to business metrics, designing features from the rich data available from many sources, training, evaluating, and deploying models;- Researching and implementing methodologies to measure the impact of the technologies;- Initiating and proposing unique and promising modeling projects, developing new and innovative algorithms and technologies, pursuing patents where appropriate;- Developing high-performance algorithms for precision targeting, testing and implementing these algorithms in scalable, product-ready code; Interacting with other teams to define interfaces and understanding and resolving dependencies;- Staying current on published data mining, machine learning and modeling techniques and competing technologies and sharing these findings with scientists and engineers in the organization;- Maintaining world-class academic credentials through publications, presentations, external collaborations and service to the research community.City:SUNNYVALEState:CAPosition Description:• A Data Scientist is responsible for analyzing large data sets to develop custom models and algorithms to drive business solutions.
• Build complex data sets from multiple data sources, both internally and externally.
• Build learning systems to analyze and filter continuous data flows and offline data analysis.
• Combine data features to determine search models.
• Conduct advanced statistical analysis to determine trends and significant data relationships.
• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
• Develop custom data models to drive innovative business solutions.
• Develop models of current state in order to determine needed improvements.
• Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
• Research new techniques and best practices within the industry.
• Scale new algorithms to large data sets.
• Train algorithms to apply models to new data sets.
• Utilize system tools including (MySQL, Cassandra, Kafka, Hadoop, R, Matlab etc).
• Validate models and algorithmic techniques.
• Work with cross-functional partners across the businessMinimum Qualifications:• Masters or equivalent degree in a computational science with 2 years of experience in Machine Learning or Data Science or PhD in relevant field
• Experience with traditional as well as modern statistical techniques, including Regression, Support Vector Machines, Regularization, Boosting, Random Forests, and other Ensemble Methods;
• Strong implementation experience with high-level languages, such as R, Python, Perl, Ruby, Scala or similar scripting languages;
• Familiarity with Linux/Unix/Shell environments;
• Strong hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data;
Strong written and oral communication skills.Additional Preferred Qualifications:• 2 years of experience of writing production quality code;
• Experience with end-to-end modeling projects emerging from research efforts;
• Excellent academic or industrial track record of proposing, conducting and reporting results of original research, plus collaborative research with publications;
Knowledge of data processing on Azure ML platformsCategory:Data Science / Machine Learning Division:Walmart LabsDivision Summary:@WalmartLabs is the technical powerhouse behind Walmart Global eCommerce. We employ big data at scale -- from machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms, to modeling and analyzing massive flows of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce. We don’t just engineer cool websites, mobile apps, and new services; we use our own open source tools to create the framework. Deployment is automated and accelerated through our open cloud platform. This makes us incredibly nimble and able to adjust in real-time to our global customers.Employment Type:Full TimeRequisition Template:eCommerce