Job LocationUS-MA-BostonJob ID0418-18306
HNTB Job TitleScientist I
Position TypeRegular Full-Time
Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, were encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, What if? Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, together can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB together also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And together means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. Together means that we are engaged in the communities we serve - we live there - and are committed to their growth and development.
The time is right to join HNTB Corporation! HNTB is currently seeking a Scientist I in our Boston, MA office location.
Performs limited assignments, scientific studies and investigations for a variety of conditions present at project sites and phases of projects, including planning, design, program management and construction.
- Prepares written reports, maps and statements of geologic, hydrologic, biologic and/or other scientific findings at project site as it relates to the planning, design and construction of projects.
- Collects project related data which may include research, interviews with government agencies and clients, map reviews, field investigations, land use, etc., prepare graphics and exhibits.
- Determines data collection methods to be used in research projects and surveys.
- Sets up test equipment at proposed project site to obtain scientific data.
- Maintains records, collections and files related to specific projects.
- Keeps current with trends, literature and new developments in ecology and environmental science.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Able to work as part of a team among project designers, stakeholders, and clients.
- Develops and maintains liaisons and effective working relations with groups and individuals, agencies, and the public to encourage cooperative management strategies or to develop information and interpret findings.
- Assists in preparing permit applications for clients including those required for the MA WPA, Ch. 91, Sections 401 and 404 of the CWA, and others.
- Contributes to analysis and documentation under NEPA and MEPA with respect to natural resources.
- Prepares and participates in public information meetings and hearings.
- Possesses excellent communication skills including writing skills.
- Experienced with GIS software.
Bachelors degree in Geology, Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science or related field
2 years related experience
0 experience (with Masters degree in Natural Sciences)
- Masters degree in Geology, Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science or related field.
General Work Conditions
Office Environment: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently, and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.hntb.com