Deep Learning Scientist - Yield Analytics
The Climate Corporation is looking for a recognized expert in deep learning to join our Yield Analytics team. Â At Climate we leverage big data and cloud computing to tackle real-world problems in agriculture. We bring together diverse data sources, including remote sensing, historical and forecasted weather, soil mapping, and machine layers (planting, harvest and other equipment passes) to help growers optimize decision making in order to sustainably increase farm productivity.
The ideal candidate will have solid practical experience in applying deep learning and fundamental machine learning algorithms (supervised, semi-supervised, and unsupervised learning) to solve complex problems.
What You Will Do:
Design, build and validate scalable deep neural networks that leverage these diverse datasets to provide new insights into digital agriculture.
3. Collaborate with engineers to deploy Â successful models and algorithms into production environments
5. Write beautiful, robust, well-documented and well-tested research and library code
7. Collaborate with a diverse team that includes statisticians, mathematicians, agricultural domain scientists, and engineers to build research pipelines and algorithms to derive valuable insights from current and new datasets
Ph.D in computer science, machine learning, statistics, or a related quantitative discipline
11. Minimum of 1 year of industry, postdoctoral, or academic research experience building, training, and validating either LSTM recurrent neural networks or convolutional neural networks
13. Extensive programming experience in Python and related deep learning packages
15. Excellent communication and presentation skills, and the ability to convey rigorous technical concepts and considerations to non-experts
Proven track record in deploying machine learning algorithms to create value for business.
19. Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques
21. A drive to solve problems, meet deadlines, and build whatever is necessary along the way
23. A strong desire to work in a highly collaborative team environment
**What We Offer: Â **
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
27. A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
29. Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
31. We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
Inspire one another
35. Innovate in all we do
37. Leave a mark on the world
39. Find the possible in the impossible
41. Be direct and transparent
Website : http://www.monsanto.com
At the heart of Monsanto is a very clear and principled code of conduct – one we expect all employees, contractors and management to live by every day. We operate under a genuine value system—our pledge—that demonstrates integrity, respect, ethical behavior, perspective and honesty as a foundation for everything we do.