Associate R&D Scientist
Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Why Work Here?
“BEPC is a family oriented company, and we strive for customer satisfaction.”
BEPC is searching for a talented Associate R&D Scientist
regarding a 9-month contract-to-hire position in Lenexa, KS
with a reputable Life Science company.
ASSOCIATE R&D SCIENTIST JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist in the transfer of products from R&D to Production, QC and Technical Service. Support and coordinate process development projects with manufacturing.
2. Assist in the development of appropriate specifications, manufacturing (MMF, MMP) and QC/QA documents (SOPS, DMF) for new products. Technically review manufacturing documents and protocols.
3. Assist in the development of a Product Documentation History File for all new products. Support the maintenance of a literature database of each new product. Assist in the development of new assays for Quality Control/Analytical Services.
4. Support QA with investigations of product complaints or other quality/regulatory issues.
5. Troubleshoot assay problems for Quality Control/Analytical Services.
6. Maintain and build on your intellectual knowledge and skill base. Search for new ideas for developing new products. Assist in the development of new procedures and implementation of new instrumentation as needed.
7. Contribute to the support functions of the lab. Prepare media per batch records. Maintain equipment, clean work areas, prepare reagents, appropriately handle lab waste, and restock lab supplies.
8. Be available for weekend work
ASSOCIATE R&D SCIENTIST REQUIREMENTS:
· Degree (BS) in Cell Biology, Biochemistry or closely related science with 1-5 year’s industrial pharmaceutical or biotechnology experience.
· Experience in cell culture, aseptic technique and knowledge in other common cell culture techniques.
· Strong background in cell culture techniques including media preparation.
· Ability to develop and optimize cell culture media for mammalian-based systems and/or have virology experience are advantageous.
· Strong statistical analysis, problem solving, and experimental design skills are also desired.
· Familiar with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word; familiarity with statistical software, e.g. Design Expert, would be beneficial, but not required.
· We are seeking individuals with an overall strong technical ability in a teamwork environment.
BEPC provides Technical Engineering and Information Technology Project Management services to Fortune 500 companies in the Life Science and technology industries. BEPC Inc. is incorporated in the state of Texas, with headquarters in San Angelo, Texas, and is a minority and HUB-certified Company recognized through the National Minority Supplier Development Council.
BEPC offers Life Science engineering and technical consulting services that include: process, product, equipment, and software validations, process and product transfers, commissioning and qualification of manufacturing clean rooms, clean room automation, packaging engineering, labeling and document translation, technical writing, and process automation.
Additionally, as a leading IT consulting company, BEPC offers enterprise resource planning, large-scale technology deployment and integration, SAP development, information assurance, network architecture, and project management. As a direct supplier with large MSPs, BEPC offers its clients highly qualified candidates to fill professional, technical, information technology and manufacturing engineering positions. These large staffing companies leverage BEPC's expertise to fill highly technical positions for their clients.