Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
In a complex world of producing biologics-based therapeutics and vaccines, help us be a part of this story with our BioProduction team. With applications that span the drug development process—from drug discovery through large-scale commercial production—help us develop a broad range of products including single-use technologies as well as analytical instruments, cell culture labware and media, centrifugation, purification, and analytics for detection of process/product impurities and contaminants.
We are searching for a Scientist I, Cell Biology that will design experimental plans with guidance and executes experiments, analyzes data, generates laboratory protocols, and contributes to technical reports and product summaries.
• Designs experimental plans with guidance and executes experiments, analyzes data, generates laboratory protocols, and contributes to technical reports and product summaries
• Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of data requires an evaluation of various factors
• Exhibits creativity in selecting approaches and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Investigates new methods and technologies and maintains accurate lab notebook to support protection of intellectual property in accordance with relevant Thermo Fisher required standards
• Maintains knowledge of principles and theories through familiarity with competing technologies and/or products and review of current scientific literature
• Interacts with other internal departments (i.e., Business Development, Quality, Operations, Technical Services, and/or Marketing) in the commercialization of new products
• Performs duties independently with guidance from manager
• Complies with all company safety, training, and quality regulations (e.g., ISO compliance, GLP/GMP requirements, etc.) and procedures
• May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or other related discipline, or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Familiar with methods and techniques of small-scale mammalian cell culture
• Basic understanding of statistical analysis
• Demonstrated competence in data analysis
• Frequent technical interaction with colleagues and members of other departments
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
• Working knowledge of scientific principles and proven proficiency in statistical design of experiments (DOE)
• Experience in research design and the evaluation of new techniques and procedures for manufacturing reagents, systems, products or technologies
• Understanding of chemical, biochemical and physical interactions of cell culture media and reagent components
• Previous cell culture experience with cell lines used in protein production applications (e.g. CHO, HEK293, NS0)
• Previous experience with cell types used in cell therapy applications (e.g. T cells, MSC, ESC) or cell lines used in the production of viral vaccines (e.g. Vero, MRC-5, BHK)
• Familiarity with the operation of bench-top stirred tank bioreactors and related process development laboratory equipment as well as the scale-up of bioreactor and mixing systems
• Experience with high-throughput cell culture technologies (e.g. ambr15)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate scientific results in a clear, concise, & accurate manner
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate and manage multiple project tasks
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Website : http://www.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Life Technologies, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.