ADME/DMPK Group Leader
Cyprotex specializes in ADME-Tox and Biosciences including both in vitro (laboratory experiments) and in silico (computer modelling) approaches. Cyprotex was founded in 1999. The Company serves the Pharmaceutical and Biotech, Cosmetics/Personal Care and Chemicals Industries as well as academia and not-for-profit organisations. Over 1700 organisations trust Cyprotex for their ADME-Tox and Bioscience research needs.
We are seeking an enthusiastic DMPK scientist to lead our US ADME Sciences function. Responsible for managing the scientists and resources that provide our high-throughput and custom ADME services as well as leadership to our Biotransformation and Bioanalysis functions. Leading the development of new methods and technologies and implementing process improvements, this role is pivotal in maintaining Cyprotex reputation in the ADME field.
The individual will work closely with the Director of Scientific Operations and the other Heads of functions to be part of the core operational management structure responsible for day-to-day decision making and improvements across Cyprotex in the US. This role is based in Watertown Massachusetts.
Head of ADME Sciences
Your Responsibilities Will Include But Are Not Limited To
- To lead the US ADME sciences function and manage the resources, both personnel and instrumentation, within that group. To drive-forward the techniques used at Cyprotex and to ensure that quality and efficiency are always maintained. To ensure that a wide-range of chemistries can be assessed including compounds and ingredients from chemical and personal care industries as well as typical small molecule pharmaceutical compounds.
- To investigate new instrumentation and assess suitability for integration into Cyprotex systems. To then work closely with the Cyprotex Information Systems Team to integrate new technology and procedures into the Cyprotex LIMS.
- To work closely with the Director of Scientific Operations and other Heads of Functions to help oversee the core operational activities of Cyprotex in the US.
- To take a proactive role in developing the ADME Sciences function and provide advice to the Cyprotex Leadership Team, where appropriate. To raise the scientific profile of the company by actively pursuing opportunities to present Cyprotex externally.
- To identify areas within the ADME Sciences function for improvement, promote efficiency, and to modify approaches to sample analysis as the customer landscape changes.
- To support the Business Development team with preparing proposals for clients and developing client relationships by occasional site visits and teleconferences. To contribute to plans for new projects including pricing, implementation and sourcing of CapEx.
- To oversee training and development of staff within ADME Sciences and provide scientific direction and line management to staff.
- To directly manage some client studies where the focus of the study is analytical and/or non-standard analytical methods are used.
- To work closely with UK-based colleagues and colleagues within the wider Evotec Group to maintain a consistent approach to ADME Sciences.
Ideal Candidate Profile
o Excellent interpersonal skills with laboratory staff, project managers, clients and senior managers
o Approachable and builds constructive and effective long-lasting relationships o Presents convincingly and confidently in a variety of formal and informal settings
o Communicates proactively and regularly, keeping all internal and external stakeholders updated o Inspires and enthuses others o Acts as role model by being open, honest and cooperative o Ability to effectively time manage and prioritise tasks
o Identifies opportunities for improvement
Expertise & Skills (not Limited To)
o PhD trained in ADME sciences from an internationally recognized academic program
o Extensive hands-on experience of operating and trouble-shooting ADME assays
o Deep experience with LC-MS/MS instrumentation across a range of manufacturers and software applications. Experience with high-resolution mass spectrometry and high-throughput LC techniques desirable.
o Exposure to any or both of the following would also be advantageous:
o GC-MS including method development.
o Analysis of biotherapeutics.
o Metabolite profiling and identification
o Line management and development and coaching of staff.
o Experience in pharmaceutical, biotech or contract research organisations within roles such as analytical method development and/or high-throughput analytics in support of ADME studies, would be preferable.
In return we offer a fascinating variety of work at the cutting edge of science, plus a salary & benefits commensurate with relevant experience.
To apply, email your resume to ***********************
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?