Do you want to join a fast-paced innovative team who use cutting edge analytical tools and techniques to help our new and existing customers? Are you excited by the prospect of analyzing and modeling huge amounts of data and creating state of the art algorithms to solve real world problems? Do you like to own end-to-end business problems/metrics and directly impact the profitability of the company? Do you like to innovate and simplify? If yes, then you may be a great fit to join the AWS Marketing-Data Science group.
Amazon Web Service (AWS) marketing team is looking for a Data Scientist to join our Data Science team. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and a desire to help share the overall business.
• Use data analysis, statistical and machine learning techniques to develop solutions to improve customer experience, retention and drive strategic product(s) adoption
• Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models to help the AWS marketing organization with business decision making and address quantitative problems
• Analyze and understand large amounts of Amazon's complex and discrete datasets about AWS customers in order to understand our customer behavior and help guide complex business decisions.
• Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, and model development, validation and implementation
• Work closely with other marketing teams to drive model/solution development and their implementation
• Work closely with team of BI engineers to improve data quality and operationalize new solutions
• Communicate and influence senior management
• Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • MS/PhD in CS machine learning, Statistics, Operational research, Mathematics or in a highly quantitative field
• 3 years of hands-on industry experience in predictive modeling and large data analysis
• Record of delivering large analytical solutions with big business impact
• 3 years of experience in R, SQL, Python or similar scripting language
• Communication and data presentation skills
• Problem solving ability
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • PhD in CS machine learning, Statistics, Operational research, Mathematics or in a highly quantitative field
• Experience in building production quality and large scale deployment of applications related to machine learning
• Experience building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed real-time analytical solutions.
• Ability to work both independently on ambiguous problems and in highly collaborative team environment