Scientist - Analytical
About MPI Research:
MPI Research, with global headquarters in Mattawan, Michigan, provides discovery, safety evaluation, bioanalytical, and analytical services to the biopharmaceutical, medical device, animal health, and chemical industries. Scientific knowledge and experience, integrity, trust, teamwork, and dedication to strong and enduring Sponsor relationships are the defining attributes that characterize MPI Research as a high-performance, high-quality organization that is committed to bringing safer and more effective products to the world. Learn more about how we can exceed your expectations at www.mpiresearch.com.
This position is responsible for the development or oversight of the development of methods to quantify
chemical entities according to applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and/or GxP regulations.
This individual demonstrates expertise in the use of instrumentation and laboratory techniques and
effectively applies his/her experience and knowledge to participate and lead method development. This
individual contributes to the department by working independently, leading others, completing assigned
projects on time, participating in process improvement initiatives, and communicating effectively with
others. This individual may function as a Principal Investigator or Study Director, responsible for the
development and execution of validation and sample analysis protocols/plans in accordance with
company standard operating procedures (SOPs), industry regulatory guidelines (GxP), and budgetary
(Duties & Responsibilities – purpose of the function and result to be accomplished) include but are not limited to those listed: • Reads, understands, and follows SOPs, safety requirements, regulatory guidelines, and company
• Consistently develops or leads the development of quantitative methods within established
• Assists in or leads the completion of laboratory investigations and quality observations, as needed.
• Communicates as needed with external and internal customers regarding scientific issues.
• Leads the development and implementation of new scientific technologies.
• Provides scientific leadership to laboratory staff.
• Functions as a Principal Investigator, Study Director, and/or Contributing Scientist, as assigned.
• Possesses a willingness to perform additional work as assigned by management and as part of the
individual’s development plan.
• Communicates effectively with supervisors, colleagues, Principal Investigators, and Study Directors.
• Demonstrates commitment to quality.
• Effectively works in a team and demonstrates a commitment to achieving company goals.
• Efficiently prioritizes assigned daily workload and uses time productively.
• Adheres to safety procedures at all times.
• Punctual and reliable attendance according to MPI Research company policy.
• PhD in relevant field and 2-5 years of relevant experience (preferred); or
• Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and 7-10 years of relevant experience (preferred); or
• HS/GED/Associates and 15 years of relevant experience (preferred).
• Proficient using laboratory software applications and LIMS.
• Expert knowledge of GxPs and industry guidance documents.
• Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings,
weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to work under specific time constraints.
Benefits at a Glance:
• MPI Research provides the following competitive benefits:
• Two choices of medical coverage, including prescription drug and vision coverage
• Two choices of dental coverage
• Medical and dependent pre-tax flexible spending accounts
• Paid time off bank and holidays
• Retirement savings plan – 401K plan with company matching on employee contributions
• Short/Long term disability plans, voluntary life insurance, and company paid life insurance
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Employee assistance program
• Employees at MPI Research also are given the opportunity to participate in company-sponsored events, wellness programs, self-directed work teams and open communications programs such as the All Employee Survey.
MPI Research is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Website : http://www.mpiresearch.com
MPI Research provides preclinical services to agricultural, environmental, biopharmaceutical, medical device, animal health, and chemical industries. MPI Research has conducted thousands of studies in both small and large molecules in a wide and diverse range of compound classes, through all routes of administration (excluding inhalation) and offers studies with numerous species and models. Our recent achievements warrant a closer look to see how we’ve expanded to integrate the full spectrum of services for new drug and device candidates. MPI Research also has a focus on efficacy testing and has a strong presence within the cellular and molecular biology fields, biomarkers, and gene therapy. With ample physical and technical capacity, we can accommodate multiple requirements simultaneously, adjust schedules readily, and produce results quickly.