Express Scripts Holding Company
Be a part of the most exciting company in healthcare that is making medicine smarter and more affordable using data and decision science. This position is responsible for supporting solutions/models that increase revenue and margin by utilizing Big Data Technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Machine learning and performing Data and Text Mining to improve Member Experience and Service Delivery.
In addition, this position will work with Data Scientists in the team to develop new aspects of big data architectures and analytic system development. The candidate should think strategically about the data and be willing to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment without compromising the quality of work. The candidate will need to support text mining and other such innovative projects from inception to delivery by working with SME and Senior leaders.
SCOPE OF JOB
As the Data Engineer for Data Science team this candidate will be a high-level individual contributor to the team ensuring the group stays on top of the latest methodologies and trends in utilizing Big Data approaches. Additionally this candidate will support the Data Science team acquiring and deploying new predictive models to solve business problems. They will utilize knowledge and expertise in computer science, engineering and our team s expertise in Data Science for developing next generation of models for improving margin or saving operational expense of our members, clients or internal business partners. This role will provide opportunity to engage with multiple business units across the enterprise.
* Designs data visualization, data transformation modules and supports enterprise data science models and Pulse platform.
* Apply in-depth knowledge and experience to manage data science applications and liaise with partners in IT and Infrastructure team to develop new approaches and systems for efficiently implementing Data Science solutions.
* Help debug complex system issues and rollout fixes.
* Perform data analysis and assist in data reporting as needed.
* Recommend application and/or process improvements using root cause analysis, data mining, and best practices if models are not scoring.
* Assist in data acquisition and data preparation by pulling data from various sources to create modeling dataset for predictive models or text mining.
* Help Sr Data Scientist to schedule and manage scoring jobs on unix.
* Assist in parallel testing of predictive models with other automated models.
* Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related quantitative disciplines, with a minimum of five years of relevant experience (Bachelor s required, Master s or PhD s preferred)
* Experience with Teradata, Oracle, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Python, SAS, R, C, LINUX/UNIX OS, GitHub, Hadoop/HDFS (and related technologies), Microsoft SQL Server (2005 or later), C#, .NET, Visual Basic, VBA, Java, Web Development Technologies, Business Warehouse Methodologies, Database Design and Administration, Sharepoint Administration, Sharepoint Development, Object Oriented Design, MVC Design.
* Established knowledge of database design (Normalization, Referential Integrity, ERD etc.)
* Established knowledge of application development methodologies and design (OOD, MVC etc.)
* Expertise in visualization tools like Tableau, ggplot is a plus.
* Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Clinical Research & New Solutions department, which is housed in our state-of-the-art lab, is responsible for developing and managing programs and services that allow our 83 million members to make better drug, pharmacy and health choices. Rooted in health decision science, this department includes Knowledgeable Solutions, Customer Solutions, Consumer Solutions, Research & New Solutions and Clinical Services.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the \Most Admired Companies\ in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor..
Abbott Diabetes Care communicated a recall of certain FreeStyle® strips used in the FreeStyle® Blood Glucose Meter built into the OmniPod Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM). They have also recalled the FreeStyle Flash® Meter and FreeStyle® Classic meters. Both recalls are being issued because glucose level readings using these products may provide erroneously low results which if not recognized may pose significant risks to your health.