Philips Electronics North America
Clinical Development Scientist
As a Philips Clinical Professional, you will support the following:
Clinical evidence generation and dissemination strategies (EGS / EDS) through quality study designs that produce scientifically valid data and provide strategic consulting, with guidance as indicated, from senior members of the Clinical & Scientific Affairs (C&SA) team.
You will work directly to support the Sleep and Respiratory Care (SRC) Business Group (BG) at Philips:
· Act as a consultant to build effective partnerships and working relationships within SRC, and at times broader across different businesses within Philips
· Provide clinical and strategic input from ideation through post marketed products
· Work together with internal (project owners, regulatory, clinical study managers, statisticians, business leaders, etc.) and external (clinical consultants such as Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) and subject matter experts (SME’s), etc.) stakeholders to ensure that studies will yield well-founded conclusions.
· Design and develop study protocols in compliance with global project needs, standards and regulatory guidelines (GCP, ICH, FDA, ISO) that result in scientifically sound and valid data that appropriately analyzed and accurately reported to support claims, reimbursement, health economic outcomes and / or market access
· Work with physicians, medical researchers and scientific writing personnel to support the interpretation and dissemination of all evidence generated, including Clinical Study Reports (CSRs), Clinical Evaluation Reports (CERs), abstracts, peer reviewed manuscripts, etc.
· Keep current with regulatory guidance and requirements in the global environment
You are a part of
A position that offers the opportunity to impact lives through the development and testing of quality Philips products and solutions that help countless people all over the world. We have a fantastic work environment and culture that is respectful and rewarding, that offers opportunities to develop and grow both personally and professionally. These opportunities are only limited by one’s initiative and desire to succeed. The ability of this position to work with both internal and external customers promotes a broader vision to additional opportunities across Philips as a global company.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
Scientific education (Masters or PhD degree preferred in BioMedical Science or Health related field), with experience in doing research for industry
· A demonstrated working knowledge of GCP, ICH guidelines, FDA regulations (21CFR812) and EU (ISO14155) regulations
· Cross-functional understanding of clinical trial methodology and operational experience is a must
· 5 years of experience in a similar role in the Medical Device or Pharma industry
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English); multiple languages is a plus
· Ability to collaborate effectively with various teams - clinical operations, engineering, cross functional team members, as well as external partners
· Self-directed with a strong work ethic, with an ability to work in a goal-oriented environment
· Strong writing skills to produce quality clinical documents, including final reports
· Analytical thinking, able to present statistical methods and results to a variety of audiences, especially non-statisticians
· Agile, able to excel managing multiple projects and professional relationships
· Proficient computer skills across multiple applications (MS Office, with experience in and an aptitude for clinical trial software, proven ability to apply statistics into method development and sample analysis, experience with SAS / SPSS statistical software is a plus
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/Philips
Disease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Philips Electronics North America
Website : http://www.usa.philips.com
Since the introduction of the first Philips light bulb more than 120 years ago, innovation and a people-centric approach have always been at the core of our company.