Amyris is looking for an enthusiastic, team oriented, problem solver to join our Chromatography group, which is part of the Screening and Analytics department (SCAN). The scientist will be responsible for developing, qualifying, and operationalizing assays to support program goals in R&D. A key component of these activities is translating project goals into analytical methodologies and ensuring that the resulting assays are suitably robust for routine operation. This will involve working with closely with our fermentation, biology, process development and scientific computing groups to develop and implement assays that answer questions as efficiently as possible.
You will develop instrumental methods to measure product titer in fermentation broth and purification streams in areas such as flavors & fragrances, fuels, and new chemicals and represent the analytics team regarding product development efforts by presenting data from assay development and qualification to internal and external customers explaining the capabilities, experimental approach, and impact of the team. You will develop sample preparation protocols to ensure assay selectivity and compatibility with instrumental methods, prepare and review SOPs to document developed methods and perform basic compound isolation/purification procedures where necessary. Scope and method requirements will be defined through close collaboration with all stakeholders using a statistical, data-driven approach. You will quantitatively evaluate the method performance against agreed upon requirements, document the performance in method development reports and review team members' reports. You will have to balance multiple program priorities, build relationships with customers and stakeholders, guide team members in executing their priorities, and ensure deadlines are met. Proactively identifying and implementing new ways of working and new technologies to increase efficiency, throughput, data quality, and to generate new relevant data types is encouraged.
* PhD degree in Chemistry or related discipline
* 2 years experience working in an industrial setting
* Record of analytical capabilities in quantitative assay development and evaluation on multiple analytical platforms (such as LC, GC, etc)
* Strong command of general and organic chemistry principles and lab techniques
* Ability to manage and manipulate large data sets to draw conclusions
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write clear, concise reports and to present data to customers tailored to facilitate their understanding
* Demonstrated ability in time-management and prioritization as well as track record of project completion and on-time delivery
* Energetic, highly self-motivated and able to work efficiently and productively to support rapid research efforts in a team environment
* Knowledge of Quality by Design principles
* Experience with DOE, Minitab, or similar statistical tools
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
For a full list of our current openings, please visit our website .
Website : http://www.amyrisbiotech.com