Responsible for investigating, analyzing, and assessing product impact on manufacturing and supply chain deviations. As the scientific technical expert of one or multiple product families, the individual will lead and support process optimization changes that would drive towards increased cost efficiency and patient safety.
Role that this position reports to:
Manager/Sr. Manager, Technical Operations
Key relationships to this position:
1. Under direct supervision from management or more senior staff, support Manufacturing and Quality Operations in deviation investigation, change control, and CAPAs. Provide floor support to Manufacturing for real-time deviations and provide guidance to minimize product quality impact.
2. Under direct supervision from management or more senior staff, assist with manufacturing support projects, which could include execution of laboratory experimentation, and the analysis and dissemination of technical information necessary to manufacture plasma-derived products.
3. Responsible for anticipating potential problems and designing preventative solutions. Will also maintain awareness of production processes and their interdependencies, and be proactive in introducing improvements in yield or quality.
4. Required to maintain an appropriate level of documentation and communication through timely and thorough drafting and execution of protocols and reports in support of R&D process development or operations support. Assist senior staff level in complex experiment design and execution.
5. Required to maintain an awareness of and compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Laboratory Practices.
6. May be required to complete any other duties/responsibilities assigned by management.
•BS/BA in science-related fields such as Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioprocess Engineering
•2 - 5 years experience related experience in biologics manufacturing
•Preferred: Knowledge and familiarity of protein chemistry, protein purification technique, and data analysis and interpretation
Worker Sub Type:
How to Apply
Apply at http://www.hirelifescience.com/scientist-ii-technical-operations-i/kanka...
First Comes the Lab, Then Comes...?
Two postdocs and a PhD hosted a panel discussion at Memorial Sloan Kettering on career advancement in science and what researchers can expect when they leave the lab.
Fewer Chances to Speak
An analysis of speakers at the American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting finds that women are less likely to be invited to talk, according to the
Talk It Up on Twitter
An analysis appearing in
finds that social media mentions of a paper may lead to increased citations.
Research Support Numbers
NIH's Michael Lauer looks at the number of grants, their amount, and funding success rates at the agency for last year.
Website : http://www.cslbehring.com
CSL Behring is a global leader in the plasma protein biotherapeutics industry, dedicated to treating rare and serious diseases and passionate about improving the quality of life of patients throughout the world. We trace our corporate roots back to Emil von Behring, an innovator with serum therapies who won the first Nobel Prize in Physiology and Medicine. Innovation remains a core value of the company today. The company recently changed its name from ZLB Behring as part of our alignment with our parent organization, CSL Limited, a specialty biopharmaceutical company with heritage of contributions to human health for more than 90 years.